If you’ve already read our comparison between Traditional Publishing and Self Publishing, you are probably looking for an answer to help you decide one way or the other.
We say, choose Self Publishing if you:
- Want to skip the tedious and time-consuming process of submissions to traditional publishers
- Want your book to be published quickly (as compared to a 1 to 3 year wait list)
- Want creative control over the look and feel of your book
- Want better profits from your book sales
- Are prepared to market and promote your book
Remember that being self published does not rule you out from having a traditional publisher in the future. Many authors have in fact secured traditional publishing contracts after doing well in self publishing and selling many books.
Just think, if they hadn’t taken that step of self publishing, they may still be struggling to get noticed!